Poland – Extra information & tips
- Bush camping is generally tolerated – as long you don’t make any fire or roll out your fake grass carpet. In other words, respect your surroundings and they will not send you away.
- Many forest roads are accessible for larger expedition trucks. WOOOHOOOO
- Exploring Cities – Tips where to stay overnight:
- Gdańsk: The Academic Sports Centre of Gdansk University of Technology has an official secured campsite. Ideal for a visit to Gdańsk.
- Poznań: We stayed overnight at a relative quiet, large secured parking lot (link to google maps). We paid approx. 10€ for 24hrs. The parking lot is less than 5min walk from the city centre!
- Drinking one beer and you’re over the permitted alcohol level for driving (0.2).
- The conditions of the Polish roads are relatively good.
- SVL Support: The organization in charge of the offroad week (new, updated website coming soon).
Be the first one to discover what we are up to by joining our family (free monthly newsletter; incl. access to our password-protected articles).