- bigger wheels, 14.00 R20, providing the truck more ground clearance and lower rpm.
- new Koni shocks
- a custom-made torsion frame with container locks to secure the shelter on the back
- If you like to know more about what torsional stress is and the different subframes possibilities, we highly recommend the book “Build your own overland camper” by Steven Wigglesworth. He spends a whole chapter on this topic.
- new lightweight wheel arches for the rear wheels
- different started batteries: The standard ones are bulky and heavy, thus they have been replaced by the lighter and smaller Optima Red batteries.
And this is how the interior of the drivers cabin and Zeppelin shelter looked like before overhaul:
Do you love our travel stories? Do you appreciate the building information we share? And want to support us? GREAT!!!
By purchasing a unique Terratrotter® t-shirt or hoodie, you keep this website online and help spread the word.
Nicole, Elmer, and the rest of the Terratrotter family!
Join our family & Subscribe to our newsletter
In this newsletter - max. 1x/month - you will discover what we're up to, tips & tricks, highlights from our travels, new interesting products and tools, ... We will never sell your information to third parties & you can always delete your information from our list. (Read more in our disclaimer.)